From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: GTK USE flag situation (gtk, gtk2, gtk3; relevant to bug #420493)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 17:40:50
1 18.02.2014 13:39, Ben de Groot пишет:
2 > On 12 February 2014 07:04, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
3 > [...]
4 >>
5 >> It's sad that people don't follow common sense (which happens to be the
6 >> GNOME highlights)
7 >> and that everything must be turned into a policy of somesort so people
8 >> get it.
9 >>
10 > [...]
11 >>
12 >> Just make the gnome gtk3 policy the guideline if you must. It's just
13 >> documenting common sense.
16 > It seems that only the Gnome team regards this as common sense.
17 > Others, such as the Qt team and QA regard the versioned useflag
18 > solution as more sensible.
19 >
20 > I think we can conclude that there is no perfect solution, and we
21 > simply have different preferences.
22 >
23 > That said, I'm not sure we absolutely need a policy. Though I would
24 > agree it would be more elegant if we can solve this matter, to make it
25 > easier to grasp by our users. In that case the QA proposal makes sense
26 > to me.
29 We definitely NEED the policy, cause if we do not - current situation
30 will continue to confuse users and even developers about how to do
31 things properly.
32
33 But we should come to the policy together and then - force it together.
34 We really do not want to force anyone in a way he does not like, but if
35 we will do nothing about this - it will remain a problem as it is now.
38 Best regards, Sergey Popov
39 Gentoo developer
40 Gentoo Desktop-effects project lead
41 Gentoo Qt project lead
42 Gentoo Proxy maintainers project lead