From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ahhh /mnt/.init.d
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 10:12:16
1 On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 16:20, Sebastian Werner wrote:
2 > Question:
3 >
4 > I want to stop fcron and the message is that it can't be stopped because
5 > there is no /mnt/.init.d... Why is this there? Was this the latest crazy
6 > update? A week ago this info was stored in /dev/shm/.init.d - or i am
7 > wrong or what's up
8 >
9 > Thanks in advance
12 Hi, this is mostly for support for Grant's 2.2 kernels which do not have
13 tmpfs. We cant mount ramdisk at /dev/shm, so we had to move it
14 somewhere else. Still wondering about it though. We cant use /var,
15 as it is not always on the / partition. maybe /etc/.init.d/ ? Will
16 see.
17
18 The latest baselyout should however have moved everything over. If you
19 have further issues, just reboot, and it should be fixed.
22 > Sebastian
25 > gentoo-dev mailing list
26 > gentoo-dev@g.o