From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Nvidia-kernel drivers masked....
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:06:34
1 > I was wondering if anyone could tell me why all nvidia-kernel packages
2 > prior to nvidia-kernel-1.0.6111-r3 have been masked?
3
4 Well, sometimes they do such stuff without checking the consequences it
5 seems.
6
7 > This is a problem for us because there isnt a stable nvidia-kernel
8 > package that runs on the 2.4.x kernel, we have a large deployment with a
9 > automated installer and this breaks all machines with nvidia display
10 > devices.
11
12 What kind of automated installer is this? I thought about writing one
13 myself, but that might not be necessary if there is one already that i
14 haven't found yet.
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list