From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] please stop using foo-${PV}-bar.patch in other ebuild versions than ${PV}
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:13:56
1 On Sunday 22 of March 2009 18:18:15 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > >>>>> On Sun, 22 Mar 2009, mrness wrote:
3 > > Please do not apply patches that have ${P} prefix in other ebuild
4 > > versions than ${PV}.
5 > > Is that hard to create a new patch with a proper name?
6
7 > And multiply number and total size of files in ${FILESDIR}?
8
9 I guess it may be possible to drop P (or replace with PN) from patch file
10 names, to make it more obvious which patches should apply with which package
11 version.
12
13 Also, I'd like Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus) to finally propose his GLEP or just
14 post it for discussion here as it's related to patch files management and
15 provides naming scheme - it would address this issue as well as separate
16 upstream patches from Gentoo specific ones in FILESDIR (and good thing is it's
17 backward compatible and it doesn't need any EAPI revbump that would inevitably
18 cause pointless discussion).
21 regards
22 MM
23
25 10% zysku na lokacie bankowej z gwarancja BFG. Sprawdz!
26 http://clk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=74281&a=1586724&g=17879004