From: MAL <mal@×××××××.com>
To: Benjamin Podszun <ben@××××××××××××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage-2.0.47-r2 testing
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:06:51
1 Benjamin Podszun wrote:
2 > Uhm.. Are you sure you didn't mess up something like rm -rf /usr ? ;)
3 > Seriously: That gcc-config "disappears" is quite strange, but that
4 > portage misses binaries is - evil. ;)
5 >
6 > I installed 2.0.47-r2 as well on this laptop and I still have the
7 > portage-binaries (dobin etc.) and gcc-config. I'd guess it's - uhm -
8 > portage-unrelated.
9 >
10 > Ben
11
12 Nope, it's still intact, the system functions flawlessly otherwise...
13 /usr isn't even a separate partition, (and no i'm not out of disk space ;)
14
15 /usr/lib/portage/bin/dobin etc _are_ there ! all of them, that's what's
16 weirder.
17
18 I think the gcc-config ebuild is screwing up elsewhere internally. By
19 the looks of it, 1.3.1 creates a g++/gcc etc in /usr/bin. I guess these
20 are wrappers, or pointers to whatever current gcc is selected with
21 gcc-config?
22 Can someone verify this? I thought gcc was only meant to be selected
23 via PATH.
24
25 MAL
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list