From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Remove cups from default profile to solve circular deps
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 22:03:46
1 On 3 March 2010 19:54, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o> wrote:
2 > Also of note is that we've made efforts to split packages to avoid
3 > circular dependencies[1]. So it's really silly to add circular deps by
4 > un-splitting packages.
5
6 I think it's silly to split packages for no good reason. And doing it to
7 avoid circular deps is only a good reason in extreme cases where
8 they can't be worked around in any other way. Standard Gentoo
9 practice is one ebuild per upstream package and useflags to toggle
10 optional functionality. I don't see any reason to deviate from that
11 practice in the case of poppler.
12
13 Cheers,
14 --
15 Ben de Groot
16 Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)