From: Michael Krelin <gentoodoo@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 20:24:29
1 >>> the werent the same question nor were they the same answer
2 >> They weren't the same, but the second answer was definitely wrong:
3 >>>> So is alternative package manager support something that's considered
4 >>>> important and a priority by the Council?
5 >>> yes
6 >>>
7 >>>> Did you not say that finding alternatives to Portage is one of Gentoo's
8 >>>>
9 >>>>> priorities?
10 >>> no i did not, nor does that apply here
11 >> because it explicitly states that you *did not* say it (and the wording
12 >> doesn't differ enough to justify it), not only that it doesn't apply.
13 >
14 > i think the use of negatives has confused you ... the answers i posted to
15 > ciaranm's questions in both cases are correct
16 >
17 > one of Gentoo's priorities is to enable alternative package managers to
18 > coexist sanely ... it is not one of Gentoo's priorities at this time to
19 > replace Portage with a different package manager
20
21 I don't think either question implied replacing portage, but nevermind.
22 As, I believe, I mentioned once, it's nothing but a hairsplitting. You
23 made yourself clear enough.
24
25 Love,
26 H