From: Dax Bunce <dax@×××××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Nvidia-kernel drivers masked....
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:14:55
1 Hi,
2 We do use binary packages, but some things like kernel modules are
3 better created on the fly - for example when we roll out a new kernel
4 and the client reboots on the new kernel it will build the appropriate
5 display modules. This can be done using binary packages, but creates
6 more work as new binary packages have to be created every time the
7 kernel is upgraded.
8
9 We have documented the initial setup of our installer, but havent had
10 time to document the maintenance side of it. It will be posted up when
11 we finish the docs.
12
13 The docs that exist so far are here:
14 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~baz/binpkgmain/>
15 This goes as far as explaining the installation process only.
16
17 Cheers
18 Dax
19