From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Pre-GLEP for review: mix-in profiles
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 15:29:47
1 On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 09:04:37 -0600
2 Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > well then 'ihateudev' masking udev, 'ihateeudev' masking eudev and
5 > > 'ihatesystemd' masking systemd; what are the blockers here?
6 >
7 > You make three profiles, 'udev', 'eudev', 'systemd' and put them in
8 > one group and let them block said group.
11 so... the mixins I proposed above shouldn't be allowed, right ?
12 why ? what is the logic ?
15 Note: It might seem I dislike the idea of mixins. In fact, it is the
16 contrary, I think those are deeply needed. I'm simply pointing out that
17 making them too expressive means giving up on some static checks. Maybe
18 that's ok, I don't know, maybe it is possible to keep completeness of
19 repoman checks while still having enough expressiveness: In my very
20 first answer, I throwed the idea that mixins shouldnt change packages
21 visibility. It is probably too restrictive and you've just shown that
22 it is possible to do it correctly without that restriction. However, I
23 still don't have a good idea of what would be the rule applied to
24 mixins to ensure that.