From: Phil Richards <news@××××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /usr/portage --> /var/portage
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:10:34
1 On 2004-01-15, Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o> wrote:
2 > For /usr/portage/distfiles, I'm not sure. Since it is essentially
3 > architecture independent, I believe the following is appropriate:
4 > /usr/portage/distfiles -> /usr/share/portage/distfiles
5 > I think the above is in-line with the Linux FHS.
6
7 /usr/portage/distfiles is most definitely cache data and should be
8 under /var/cache somewhere. Given that it has no auto pruning facility
9 (wish list candidate!) it is the main reason why my /usr used to fill up,
10 which then breaks installation at install time, rather than build time.
11
12 (It is currently around 2GB on my system - I only periodically remember
13 to prune it :-( Then again, I've moved it to /var already so that's ok.)
14
15 phil
16 --
17 change name before "@" to "phil" for email