From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 news items
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 03:39:34
1 Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > Anyone have a reason why we can't start to put them in the tree?
3 > Portage support is, I'm told, coming in a month or so, and other
4 > package managers have supported glep42 for a while now. The format is
5 > well specified by the GLEP, so compatibility shouldn't be an issue.
6 >
7 > The one thing I can see needing to be decided first is an open question
8 > in the glep: do we want to put the news items straight into gentoo-x86,
9 > or a seperate repository that will be merged into the tree during the
10 > cvs->rsync process?
11
12 Uh, the glep says a separate repo, there is an svn news repo I had
13 created months ago when portage support was merged into trunk.
14
15 -Alec
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list