From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New project: Gentoo Seeds
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:58:29
1 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 >> On Wednesday 20 September 2006 12:38, Alec Warner wrote:
4 >>> I think Chris's primary concern is one of "Tell us whats up before it
5 >>> happens."
6 >>
7 >> why should he care ? some Gentoo guys take catalyst and produce
8 >> stage4s directed at certain applications
9 >
10 > He cares because they're basically extending the roll of releng without
11 > it being under releng's control. I know I'd be annoyed if they release a
12 > x86 stage4 and then *I* gets bugs, but I know absolutely nothing about
13 > it. Having 2 projects doing almost the same thing is just going to
14 > confuse users.
15
16 As somebody's already mentioned, the embedded project releases GNAP and
17 has a releng liaison. There's no reason the seeds project couldn't also
18 have a releng liaison, which seems to resolve the main dispute here.
19
20 Thanks,
21 Donnie