From: Ian Smith <ian.c.smith@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Silly question
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:04:11
1 Charles Jenkins wrote:
2 > I'm interested in getting Gentoo Linux, but I have a 56k dialup
3 > connection. Do I understand correctly that the install CD will want
4 > to download stuff, if, for example, I ask for KDE 3?
5 >
6 > I'm trying to determine if Gentoo is practical for a slow-speed
7 > dialup user.
8
9 Yes, definitely, once you get past the initial downloads. Once you are
10 up and running, a source distribution requires much less downloading
11 than a binary one to keep it up to date.
15 Ian Smith