From: Gareth John <gdjohn@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Breakage in the portage tree
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:59:56
1 Hi,
2
3 I've recently installed Gentoo on a new system. After installing X I
4 decided to install gnome. Whilst compiling the system has been far quicker
5 than it was on my old system (hours instead of days...), it's not been
6 without problems. Some of these I can understand, others really are quite
7 frustrating.
8
9 My main gripe is that when attempting to install gnome, as well as having
10 issues with some dependencies not being met because of packages being
11 masked (this I can understand and doesn't bother me too much), I had to
12 fix 3 ebuilds.
13
14 One of the ebuilds in question had a misspelt library in it's DEPENDs, and
15 the other two had syntax errors - one was missing a closing brace, and the
16 other had some random characers appended to the end of the file.
17
18 All of the ebuilds in question were unmasked and masked stable, which is
19 why I was quite surprised to find problems with them. Could there be some
20 sort of QA procedure applied to ebuilds as they are commited to CVS?
21
22 Cheers,
23
24 Gareth