From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council meeting, Thursday 15th, 1900 UTC
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:15:50
1 On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:03:31 -0400 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | > Could we get GLEP 31 (Character Sets for Portage Tree Items) added?
4 | > The only issue holding it back is that a few developers have stated
5 | > outright that they refuse to comply with it, and I don't see it as
6 | > fair to make other developers suffer nasty repoman errors because
7 | > of things a select few will end up breaking...
8 |
9 | it was approved once already, just retracted after that fact pending
10 | further developments in terms of application/developer support
11 | (editors not sucking so much for example) ... so does it really need
12 | to be approved again ?
13
14 What I mean is... Is the council prepared to commit itself to helping
15 with enforcement of the GLEP? Adding repoman enforcement would be
16 trivial, but repoman is circumventable -- the GLEP is withdrawn because
17 several developers have said that they'll do just that anyway.
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm