From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Legalese of a new license (Monkey's Audio)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:30:42
1 On Wednesday 21 July 2004 1:19 pm, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
2 > In a recent bug for Monkey's Audio Codec[1], the license file[2] seems
3 > to me like it would cause some problems. Section 2 states "The use of
4 > any of the Monkey's Audio source code or any component thereof from
5 > another program requires express written permission from the author of
6 > Monkey's Audio."
7
8 I believe the intent is to prevent source being lifted out of Monkey's
9 Audio for use inside another program... but the way it's worded is
10 problematic for redistribution. I would suggest removing it until we get
11 written clarification from the authors.
12
13 </murkylegalwaters>
14
15 Cheers,