From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] X.Org 7.0 Release
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 00:34:45
1 Joshua Baergen wrote:
2 > As many of you no doubt have noticed, spyderous and I finished bumping
3 > the modular packages to the newly released 7.0, which includes many
4 > changes and bug fixes since 6.8.2. Over the next few weeks we'll be
5 > finalizing licenses and other necessities. To whoever has been using
6 > modular for awhile: please let us know of any issues you currently have,
7 > or had during upgrading.
8
9 What's this mean for everybody who maintains X-using applications? Well,
10 7.0 will probably come out of package.mask in a month at most, so that's
11 how long you have to either get your apps ported or suffer with them
12 being broken on ~arch systems.
13
14 That's the stick end of this; I provided the carrot a while back and
15 didn't get many takers.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Donnie