From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please use land-misc herd where appropriate! No no-herd madness!!!
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:58:31
1 On Saturday 09 October 2004 15:33, foser wrote:
2 >
3 > No, herds themselves should not be created for less than x packages
4 > (where x is something bigger than 5 I guess), creating individual herds
5 > for individual packages is really reverting things back to the old
6 > situation & the problems we tried to solve by introducing herds in the
7 > first place.
8 >
9 > Every package is in some form a subset of a category of packages, it's
10 > hard to imagine a package really not fitting anywhere, being it
11 > functionality/language/target user/etc. wise. It's not about a
12 > theoretical possibility, but what is best to do here & now.
13 >
14 > - foser
15
16 I'd hate to admit it :-), but I completely agree.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze
22 Gentoo Developer