From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Project Sunrise - Gentoo User Overlay
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:56:11
1 On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 09:32 -0400, Thomas Cort wrote:
2 > On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 09:20:18 -0400
3 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Please keep the games bugs in bugzilla. Making this change is a direct
5 > > change in games team policy without any prior notice to the games team
6 > > and without our permission.
7 >
8 > No one needs permission to put ebuilds from bugs.gentoo.org into an
9 > overylay. The ebuilds, assuming they have the proper header, are all
10 > "Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2".
11
12 I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with me making a request for
13 games ebuilds to not be included?
14
15 I really don't care if the games ebuilds are in the overlay, so long as
16 the latest ebuilds are *also* in bugzilla, where they belong. Of
17 course, it makes it rather pointless to have to update an ebuild in two
18 locations, but we already *have* an official location for ebuild
19 submissions, and that is bugzilla.
20
21 Having to troll through some overlay only increases our work load.
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
26 x86 Architecture Team
27 Games - Developer