From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Foundation Elections - Last Call for voting
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:07:08
1 "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o> said:
2 > Hi.
3 >
4 > As we've stated before and is listed on the election page[1], the
5 > voting period lasts from 00:00.00 UTC February 14th (Thursday) to
6 > 23:59.59 UTC February 28th (Thursday). Thus, there's little less than
7 > 48 hours to cast your vote.
8 > At the moment 24% of the eligible voters have submitted their
9 > ballots[1].
10
11 > Vote now if you want to have an influence in the election.
12
13 it's not just that. after the trouble of the last months, it would be
14 great if the next trustees could feel confident about their mandate. it
15 would also be a clear signal to our users, that we (the devs and former
16 devs) feel these issues are important as well.
17
18 if you dont care about the foundation, you can still vote 'dont care', by
19 putting all candidates on the same line. by not voting at all you boycot
20 the democratic nature of the foundation.
21
22 it would be intersting to hear from all those who choose not to vote, why
23 they did so - in order to address whatever concerns they may have in the
24 future.
25
26 likewise it may be interesting to hear from those who already voted.
27
28 now, everybody vote! ;)
31 here are the step-by-step instructions on how to vote (from the website):
32
33 Eligible current Gentoo devs should login to dev.gentoo.org and run the
34 following commands, in the order specified.
35
36 - votify --new trustees2008 - This creates a new ballot in your homedir.
37
38 - Edit the .ballot-trustees2008 file and rank the candidates.
39
40 - Once you're sure, run votify --verify trustees2008 to check the
41 validity of the ballot.
42
43 - If that goes through fine, the next and final step is to submit your
44 vote using votify --submit trustees2008
45
46 - In case you're stuck, detailed help can be accessed by using
47 votify --help or feel free to drop by #gentoo-elections on IRC. If you
48 think you are eligible to vote, but cannot, please contact one of the
49 officials.
50
51 - Grab a beer, have fun, sit back and enjoy the show..till we announce
52 the results ;)
53
54 The remaining Foundation members (ex-devs), should email their ballot to
55 the 3 election officials, signing the mail with their gpg key.
58 > * [1] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/elections/foundation-200802.xml
59 >
60 > For the election officials,
61 >
62 > --
63 > Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
64 > Gentoo- forums / Userrel / SPARC / KDE