From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Council Idea
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 01:30:39
1 I have an strange idea, it will probably get shot down by everyone or
2 people will point out that it has been discussed and thought it was a
3 bad idea but anyway...
4
5 ...why not invite a developer from another distribution to join the council?
6
7 I think inviting co-operation from other areas would only be of benefit.
8 Ideas could get a fresh view, decisions would be completely unbiased and
9 previous politics would never come into play.
10
11 It may have some ancillary benefits. Close co-operation with another
12 distribution could lead to a lasting co-operation of mutual help and
13 collaboration and could well be a format that other distros use in the
14 future.
15
16 flame away...
17
18 George
19
20 (sorry if the post sounds hippie-ish)
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list