From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] January 2010 meeting date
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:12:37
1 On 12/21/2009 02:54 AM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > If all mail that would go to -dev-announce would guaranteed be sent to
3 > -dev as well, I didn't have to check -dev-announce, and archives.g.o
4 > would also have the original "January 2010 meeting date" mail in the
5 > thread on -dev.
9 Or you could just subscribe to both and add this to your procmailrc:
10
11 :0 Wh: msgid.lock
12 | formail -D 8192 msgid.cache
13
14 :0 a:
15 .duplicates/new
16
17 Cross-posting in general tends to mess up threads, but there isn't much
18 that can be done about that unless we just ban it. However, most
19 cross-posts are honest attempts to try to move list discussion to a
20 place where it might better belong.
21
22 Honestly, list traffic is a lot better than it used to be, and I'm not
23 sure that this is really a big problem these days.