From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: John <list@××××××××××××××××××.us>
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild: Hard coded paths
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 20:02:35
1 On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 21:54, John wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I am attempting to create an ebuild for ircd-hybrid. This irc server
5 > requires that the path to where it is installed get compiled into the
6 > binary. I have verified that $P does not cut it (it is the location
7 > of the temorary image directory).
8 >
9 > How is something like this handled in portage? Can I know during the
10 > build where the final destination will be? Should I just "hard code" what
11 > is probably the typical case?
12
13 So cant you just tell it at configure time it will be in /foo/bar, but
14 still install it to "$D/foo/bar" ?
15
16 Or install it by hand (dobin foo; dolib bar; etc)?
17
18 Alternative if not, you can do what we do in divx4linux:
21 dosed -e 's|c:\\trace_b.txt|/dev/null\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' \
22 /usr/lib/libdivxencore.so
25 Regards,
29 Martin Schlemmer
30 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
31 Cape Town, South Africa