From: "Robin H.Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] qmail testing wanting
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 08:14:00
1 WOW! I managed to make mutt really screw up there!
2 Anywhere, here is a better try now.
3
4 Greetings.
5
6 As I needed some patches on qmail and it to be cleaned up significently,
7 I did up a new release of qmail, with some major changes as to how the
8 startup scripts were laid out and integrated more of the requested
9 patches.
10
11 This is now hardmasked in the tree as -r11, and I'd like for it to have
12 a LOT more testing. I'm running it on two systems without any issues so
13 far.
14
15 Please note that if you had made custom modifications to the startup
16 scripts for various purposes (spam etc.), that this entire interface has
17 changed, see /var/qmail/control/conf-* to setup your modifications
18 instead.
19
20 Qmail now also provides it's own CONFIG_PROTECT, so that can be taken
21 out of the global portage.
22
23 Also, it also provides qmtp and qmqp services, the latter of which I am
24 using via net-mail/nullmailer :-).
25
26 Once this qmail build has had more testing, I'm going to put most of it
27 into an eclass to use with qmail-ldap and qmail-mysql.
30 Robin Hugh Johnson
31 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
32 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
33 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
34 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list