From: Sami Samhuri <sami@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] System Recovery - New Core Functionality request...
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 03:33:25
1 * It was Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 12:29:56PM -0400 when John Davis said:
2 >
3 > When 2004.2 rolls around we will have all of the release kernel configs
4 > and spec files in Portage (gentoo-release-specs or something like
5 > that). Using those, it would be *very* easy to wrap catalyst with a
6 > sysrecover script. We would just pass Catalyst the kernel configs from
7 > the latest release, and get some user input as to what partitions to
8 > back up. Once we have that knowledge, we would just have to tell
9 > catalyst to dump those partitions on the CD/ DVD.
10
11 That is pretty cool.
12
13 > Its very feasible, I just need the time to implement it ;)
14
15 As I would most likely use this sometime I would be glad to help out
16 with the project if you need it. I'm probably most useful as a coder but
17 I'm willing to give a hand with other things if I can.
20 Sami Samhuri