From: Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Creating a Sketeton System
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 04:56:15
1 George Prowse wrote:
2 > After some talk in the forums a point came up that we need a way to
3 > reduce the long used gentoo system to a bare point before X but after
4 > any baselayout upgrade had been applied.
5 >
6 > This script would enable two things: a person to rebuild his system
7 > after a library malfunction and also if a person wanted to switch from
8 > 100% gtk to 100% qt or vice-versa.
9 >
10 > At present we have depclean to reduce anything past xorg-x11 but that
11 > doesn't get as far as anything that doesn't rely on a package being able
12 > to depend on an GUI, libraries need to be brought in and all but
13 > baselayout needs to be cleaned out so a "bare bone" is left.
14 >
15 > This would be useful as an arch tester because snapshots could be made
16 > of various stages and tested.
17 >
18 > George
19
20 Do you have a script that will do this or are you asking for someone to
21 create one?
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list