From: Doug Miller <mikro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Email server "out of the box"...
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 16:28:00
1 On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 14:57:29 +0100
2 Thilo Bangert <thilo.bangert@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > i will have to setup a mailserver of that kind myself within the next
5 > weeks. i must have missed your first message
6 >
7 > here's what i plan to include:
8 >
9 > qmail (+ Patches like QMAILQUEUE, big-todo etc.)
10 > qmail-notify for mailnotifications
11 > qmail-autoresponder for autoresponder
12 > qmail-scanner for emailscanning (hence QMAILQUEUE)
13 > qqrbl.pl for RBL support (optional)
14 > relay-ctrl for POP-before-SMTP authentication
15 > vmailmgr for virtual hosts
16 > mailfront + cvm-vmailmgr for SMTP AUTH (PLAIN + LOGIN)
17 > courier-imap for imap support (optional)
18 >
19 > this allows easy webmail through omail-webmail
20 > and easy mail configuration through omail-admin
21 >
22 > this is a setup i have run successfully on a different server and i am
23 > very pleased...
24 > besides these thing, i will have to create ebuilds for ezmlm-idx,
25 > sophie and sophisticated (for the sophos antivirus)
26 >
27 > the way i am thinking of this now, this will need seperate ebuilds for
28 > any helper programs plus a qmail-vmailmgr ebuild which will have all
29 > the other programms as RDEPENDs
30 >
31 > if you or anybody else is interested in this kind of setup we could
32 > work on it together...
33 >
34 > from this point the discussion probably should continue on gentoo-dev
35 >
36 > --
37 > regards
38 > Thilo
41 Thilo,
42
43 I'm in the same situation. I would be happy to help in any way getting
44 this set up as this is going to be one of my main uses of my gentoo
45 server. If you would like to coordinate on some ebuilds, let me know.
46 Thanks.
47
48 Regards,
49