From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] The process for EAPI 7 has started!
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 18:53:45
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 It's my pleasure to announce that the process for EAPI 7 has been
4 started. For this reason, I'd like to encourage everyone to participate
5 and provide feedback on the proposed features. We're slowly working
6 moving forward with preparing patches for the specification and Zac is
7 working on some real fun stuff in Portage.
8
9 Unlike EAPI 6 which included mostly cosmetic changes, EAPI 7 is going to
10 be a major step forward. The tentative list of changes included is
11 available at [1]. If you have any comments on any of them, feel free to
12 comment on the relevant bug. If you have any other ideas that you
13 believe are worth including in EAPI 7 (and can be implemented within
14 a reasonable time), please comment on specific bugs asking for
15 inclusion.
16
17 For your convenience, I have also attempted to shortly describe how
18 the EAPI process works under the hood. You can see the draft doc at [2].
19 Please take it into consideration if you're planning to submit any new
20 ideas for future EAPIs.
21
22 TIA.
23