From: Peter Gordon <admin@×××××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] development-sources are not 'development'
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:43:47
1 Couldn't we just use different ebuild versions?
2
3 # emerge ">=gentoo-sources-2.6"
4 # emerge "=gentoo-sources-2.4.27"
5
6 Or something similar? Would that work?
7
8 Travis Tilley wrote:
9 > if we must keep the 2.6 kernels seperate, i suggest that we at least
10 > change the name of the package. it's incredibly confusing to have your
11 > stable kernel named 'development-sources' or 'gentoo-dev-sources', and
12 > there are archs like amd64 that just dont support 2.4 in any way. plus
13 > with the new change in kernel development, mm-sources has become the
14 > official development tree.
15 >
16 > does anyone object to renaming development-sources to linux26-sources?
17 > perhaps a similar name change for gentoo-dev-sources and
18 > hardened-dev-sources?
21 > Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
22 >
23 > --
24 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
28 () The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email,
29 /\ vCards, and proprietary formats.
30 ---------------------------------------------------
31 Peter A. Gordon
32 E-Mail: admin@×××××××××××××××××.com
33 GPG Public Key ID: 0x109DBECE
34 GPG Key Fingerprint (SHA1):
35 E485 E2F7 11CE F9B2 E3D9 C95D 208F B732 109D BECE
37 I digitally sign (using GnuPG) every email I write.
38 If this or any other email that you recieve from me
39 is not signed, or has a bad OpenPGP signature,
40 please notify me. Thank you. --Peter