From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: eclass/
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 22:46:34
1 On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 6:24 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> And I don't really see the point in the libressl USE flag in this
5 >> case; I think that was only needed so the slot-operator would resolve
6 >> correctly.
9 > Somebody else may be better informed, but I thought that there was a
10 > concern with having both libressl and openssl linked into two
11 > libraries that are in turn linked to by something else (causing a
12 > symbol collision), and the USE flag was necessary to switch between
13 > the two implementations since they aren't virtualized.
14 >
15 > If we've solved that problem in some other way then by all means say
16 > so. However, I thought this was the main tradeoff in letting it use
17 > the same soname.
18
19 This eclass doesn't build/link anything. It just calls /usr/bin/openssl.