From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposed changes to base profile for Gentoo/ALT
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 14:44:11
1 On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 01:11:24PM +0100, Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten? wrote:
2 > I would have some other changes for virtuals, but they are less important
3 > right now.
4
5 it depends on the changes ... i'm more likely to tell you to just override
6 them in your own tree :P
7
8 > Obviously if this is going to be applied the missing packages should be added
9 > to the packages of default-linux and other linux profiles that does inherit
10 > from base.
11
12 linux-based profiles should inherit default-linux rather than base anyways ...
13
14 > -*app-arch/tar
15
16 put '-*app-arch/tar' into your packages
17
18 > -*net-misc/iputils
19
20 OK to move to default-linux
21
22 > -*sys-apps/coreutils
23
24 same as tar
25
26 > -*sys-apps/debianutils
27
28 OK to move to default-linux
29
30 > -*sys-apps/findutils
31
32 same as tar
33
34 > -*sys-apps/man-pages
35 > -*sys-apps/net-tools
36 > -*sys-apps/kbd
37
38 OK to move to default-linux
39
40 > -*sys-process/procps
41
42 err, this isnt linux specific ... it is ported to other systems (like FreeBSD)
43
44 > -*sys-process/psmisc
45
46 OK to move to default-linux
47
48 > -*sys-apps/shadow
49
50 this should be prob turned into a virtual instead
51
52 > -*sys-apps/which
53
54 this isnt linux-specific
55
56 > -*sys-fs/e2fsprogs
57
58 this should be prob turned into a virtual instead
59
60 > -*sys-libs/cracklib
61
62 we can prob punt this since shadow has a hard dep on it anyways ...
63
64 > -*virtual/modutils
65
66 FreeBSD doesnt support kernel modules ?
67 -mike
70 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list