From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: kde@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: News item: upgrading to Plasma 5
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2016 19:10:34
1 On 04/04/16 04:48, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> KDE team intends to stabilise Plasma 5 shortly, so please review the
6 >> accompanying news items.
7 >
8 > Very exciting, nice work!
9 >
10 >> If you normally use KDM to launch Plasma, note that it is no longer
11 >> supported.
12 >> Upstream recommends x11-misc/sddm instead which is pulled in by
13 >> plasma-meta by
14 >> default. To switch, edit /etc/conf.d/xdm and update DISPLAYMANAGER.
15 >
16 > That only works for OpenRC users. systemd users should run the
17 > following after installing sddm to adjust the display-manager.service
18 > symlink:
19 >
20 > systemctl reenable sddm.service
24 I was hoping someone would chime in with the systemd command. :)
25
26 I have updated that paragraph to read:
27
28 If you normally use KDM to launch Plasma, note that it is no longer
29 supported.
30 Upstream recommends x11-misc/sddm instead which is pulled in by
31 plasma-meta by
32 default. OpenRC users should edit /etc/conf.d/xdm and update DISPLAYMANAGER.
33 Systemd users should run: systemctl reenable sddm.service