From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Bump and grind etiquete
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 07:54:10
1 I have to ask, please refrain from adding packages to the tree and assigning
2 them to a herd that you have no part in. The folks that watch those herds
3 would appreciate it. It'd also be nice if you did this if you at least got
4 all of the deps correct.
5
6 Please refrain from arbitrarily bumping packages wihtout coordinating with the
7 folks that govern that herd. They'd appreciate that too.
8
9 People are in projects to watch over a herd because they have vested interest
10 and knowledge. If you want to help watch a herd, I'm sure nobody would mind
11 if you asked, learning whatever tricks of the trade are necessary for that
12 particular package set.
13 --
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list