From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New mysql eclasses review
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 21:27:54
1 Hi.
2
3 While working to support the new cmake based mysql releases, the mysql
4 team opted to create new eclasses, so that we could clean up some old
5 code from the existing eclass and to get leaner and cleaner eclasses.
6 As we keep working in the overlay[1] to complete the code for the
7 mysql-5.5 series, we would like to get a review of the current status of
8 the eclasses, so that we may get the ebuilds for the latest versions of
9 mysql and mariadb in the tree soon.
10 The mysql team now uses 3 eclasses: mysql-v2.eclass[2] (base eclass),
11 mysql-autotools.eclass[3] (for autotools based releases) and
12 mysql-cmake.eclass[4] (for cmake based releases). The first 2 eclasses
13 are complete, pending any updates from the review. The mysql-cmake
14 eclass is still under development, but can also benefit from a review.
15
16 [1] - http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/mysql.git
17 [2] -
18 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/mysql.git;a=blob;f=eclass/mysql-v2.eclass
19 [3] -
20 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/mysql.git;a=blob;f=eclass/mysql-autotools.eclass
21 [4] -
22 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/mysql.git;a=blob;f=eclass/mysql-cmake.eclass
23
24 I'm attaching the 3 eclasses to this email as well for those that prefer
25 to read them inline and don't want to check the gitweb interface of the
26 overlay.
27 Please let us know of any issues or suggestions for improving / fixing
28 the eclasses.
31 Regards,
32
33 Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
34 Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections / RelEng

mysql-v2.eclass text/plain
mysql-autotools.eclass text/plain
mysql-cmake.eclass text/plain