From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Removing .la files...
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:44:35
1 Olivier Crête a écrit :
2 > FOSS is the keyword here... the flash plugin dlopens a bunch of stuff
3
4 While I haven't checked, I doubt that it uses libltdl to do so :)
5
6 > also kde-3.5 is using libtools dlopen for plugins
7
8 Yep, but then again, it's for plugins. The real problem is with static
9 linking : do we want to support it or not. That's the only question.
10
11 I for one don't want to support it, none of the higher gnome packages
12 properly work with it (even though we install both .so and .a libraries).
13
14 Rémi
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list