From: "René Neumann" <lists@××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New USE_EXPAND: CLAWS_MAIL_PLUGINS
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:51:39
1 Am 21.04.2013 23:38, schrieb Christian Faulhammer:
2 > Hello everybody,
3 >
4 > the upcoming Claws Mail release will have no separation between
5 > internal plugins (stuff that is built on mail-client/claws-mail with
6 > USE="crypt bogofilter") and external ones (all packages
7 > mail-client/claws-mail-*) anymore.
8 > All are now integrated, which would mean 21 additional USE flags for
9 > Claws or alternatively a new set of CLAWS_MAIL_PLUGINS which includes
10 > the old and new internal plugins.
11 >
12 > Any objections against the addition?
13 >
14 > Wishes
15 >
16 > V-Li
19 As more and more packages seem to (mis)use USE_EXPAND: Can we get the
20 possibility to set this directly in package.use? Having to write
21 'claws_mail_plugins_foo' does not help readability, and setting it in
22 make.conf is also not the right way (as is package.env).
23
24 And could anyone explain to me, why having 21 additional use-flags is
25 bad? I mean, you have them now too, the only 'advantage' being a nicer
26 display on 'emerge -v'.
27
28 - René