From: Riyad Kalla <rsk@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Install on a compaq proliant / howto make own boot-cd?
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 07:51:44
1 Hey I second this request... Can you guys put up a howto for a custom
2 boot CD? I have a PowerEdge 2600 with an LSI MPT controller and a
3 Intel PRO II Gig eth card that are both BASTARDS to get installed so I
4 had to put RedHat on it just to get the machine up and running (akk!)
5
6 Thanks.
7 -Riyad
8
9 > -----Original Message-----
10 > From: gentoo-dev-admin@g.o
11 > [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@g.o] On Behalf Of Martin Schipany
12 > Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 4:18 AM
13 > To: gentoo-dev@g.o
14 > Subject: [gentoo-dev] Install on a compaq proliant / howto
15 > make own boot-cd?
20 > I want to install gentoo on a compaq proliant DL620-G2 -
21 > since this
22 > machine has some strange scsi controller and a
23 > gigabit-ethernet, the
24 > ordinary gentoo install-cd does not work.
25 >
26 > has anyone done an installation on such a system yet? if not,
27 > where
28 > can I find the source of the gentoo install-cd to make one
29 > myself with
30 > the kernel patched to match the (strange) hardware of this server?
33 > keep on gentooing ;)
34 >
35 > M.