From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paid support
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 22:03:12
1 Hi,
2
3 On 9/2/06, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
4 > It might be worth putting together a list of folks interested in doing
5 > this on the Gentoo website, under a Third-party Paid Support section. We
6 > already have a Support link on the top of www.g.o, it could be on that page.
7
8 This is a good idea.
9
10 If you do it, it would be a very good idea to also post basic advice
11 for Gentoo developers who put their name down for this. Folks'll need
12 to know about contracts, documenting their work, and insurance.
13 Per-country advice on independent contracting would also be helpful.
14
15 We'll also need to sort out a process for handling complaints against
16 developers from the folks they help. Doesn't matter how well we make
17 it clear that these folks are "independent"; their actions will
18 reflect on Gentoo as a whole, and unhappy customers _will_ complain to
19 us sooner or later. Rather than pretent it won't happen, better we're
20 pro-active and have something prepared.
21
22 Best regards,
23 Stu
24 --