From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] galeon-1.2:Cannot find schema ...
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:23:27
1 Den 23 Aug 2001 20:15:43 +0000 skrev tneidt@×××××××××××.com:
2 > Hi again!
3 >
4 > I should have read farther back in the mailing list before posting.
5 > The following is the more relevant post.
6 >
7 > http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/5085/0/6460600/
8 >
9 > Highlite: "Make sure that the directories under /etc/gconf are readable for the
10 > user, particularly the gconf.xml.defaults/schemas/ directory."
11 >
12 > I checked and the /etc/opt/gnome/gconf.xml.defaults directory and subdirectories
13 > are only readable by root. When I change the permissions galeon-1.2 starts up
14 > as my non-root user fine.
15
16 Hi!
17
18 I had this problem before I reinstalled GNOME, seems to be randomly
19 wrong set bits on the galeon schemas. Anyway, thanks, now I'll know if
20 someone else has this problem.
21
22 Regards,
23 Mikael Hallendal
27 Mikael Hallendal
28 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
29 Stockholm, Sweden