From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Release files/portage snapshots auxiliary files naming scheme
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:08:39
1 Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Currently the files that accompany our release files (ISO images,
5 > stages) are named in the following scheme:
6 >
7 > *.asc for GPG signatures
8 > *.md5 for MD5 sums
9 >
10 > while the files that accompany our portage snapshots are named:
11 >
12 > *.gpgsig for GPG signatures
13 > *.md5sum for MD5 sums
14 >
15 > I suggest we unify the naming scheme to the one currently in use by our
16 > release files to avoid unnecessary confusion amongst our end-users -
17 > unless of course there is a good reason for having different naming
18 > schemes for release files and portage snapshots?
19
20 Not against unification, but using the snapshot format would probably be
21 the easier way, as emerge-webrsync (and maybe other tools) need at
22 least the md5sum files for verification. And while changing that is
23 trivial, deploying that change can take a long time.
24
25 Marius
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list