From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Hi from Argentina!
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 04:11:12
1 On Monday 22 April 2002 20:22, Caveman wrote:
2 > I my name is eduardo and i have if you want some questions to make you. Im
3 > working in a linux distribution to my school is a proyect, finished all the
4 > work with the files in tar.gz format, i made the installer, but this is my
5 > questions:
6 >
7 > 1-How i can make that when the CD starts loads the kernel and the next the
8 > installer, because i burn the cd and the cd loads to the kernel but don´t
9 > start the installer :( i burn the cd with the program call Nero, i select
10 > the bootimage.img, so how i can burn the bootimage.img and the rootdisk.img
11 > together? of there if other ways to burn this options? i have to make an
12 > iso first?.
15 You need to make an iso image first. The best guess is to use isolinux (as on
16 the gentoo cd). For an explanation of how it works, look at the homepage of
17 isolinux).
20 > 2-I designed a wallpaper to put in the distribution, how i can make that
21 > when the distribution is installed for the first time put automatically the
22 > wallpaper in the KDE desktop?, is this possible? i seen in the mandrake
23 > distribution.
24 >
25 After you finish installation put the appropriate kde config files in
26 /etc/skel. You have to find out yourself though which files that are.
27
28 > 3-the bootimage.img is a small kernel no? so if i put the kernel logo that
29 > i made in full screen is posible that when the cd boots load the image no?
32 No it's not.
33
34 > Well thanks for yours time.
37 Good luck