From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Large scale deployments - and portage
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:38:17
1 On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 10:24:03AM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > Would you mind sharing with us what the users don't like about gentoo?
3 > If we know it, we might be able to improve.
4 This is a research enviroment here, and a large number of users have
5 custom rpm packages with specialized binaries in them for various
6 research work, alas, no source available for many of them :-(.
7 There have been a lot less hassles installing them on a pure RPM
8 machine, instead of trying fufill the deps via portage.
11 Robin Hugh Johnson
12 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
13 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
14 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
15 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85