From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-www breakup - review required
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:25:17
1 On Wednesday 23 June 2004 14:20, Joseph Booker wrote:
2 > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/www-split.txt
3 >
4 > If mod_mono is being moved to dev-dotnet/, shouldn't mod_gzip be moved to
5 > app-arch/, and mod_mp3 be moved to media-libs/. ?
6
7 It's an interesting idea, and one I hadn't considered.
8
9 Tbh, I'd rather keep all the miscellaneous apache stuff together.
10
11 I'm looking to move mod_mono to dev-dotnet because it is maintained by the
12 mono people, just like mod_php is looked after by the php people, and
13 mod_python is looked after by the python people.
14
15 > Also, netscape-flash, according to portage, is a media player, not a web
16 > client. (and shouldn't plugins goto x11-plugins anyways? that should be
17 > broken up also)
18
19 I like that idea better than creating a www-plugins category ... except that
20 x11-plugins is just another dumping ground right now. Hrm. I'll sleep on
21 it, and see if anyone else chips in in the mean time.
22
23 Oh for nested category support ;-)
24
25 Best regards,
26 Stu
27 --
28 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
29 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
30 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
31
32 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
33 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
34 --