From: David Chamberlain <david@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] how to skip unpack stage
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:15:47
1 I'm trying to adapt the blackdown java ebuilds for the ppc port. I have
2 to redirect the download to get the ppc binaries from blackdown, but -
3 unlike the i386 versions - they're plain .bin files, not tbz2. Though
4 there's no src_unpack in the ebuild, portage still wants to unpack
5 them, and bombs when it fails to do so. Is there a way to tell it to
6 skip that stage? I can think of a workaround (either loading them up
7 to portage/distfiles as tbz2's, or perhaps having the ebuild copmress
8 them first), but neither of these seems like it should be necessary.
9 Any ideas?
10
11 David