From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for March
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 18:21:03
1 On 22:41 Wed 05 Mar , Anant Narayanan wrote:
2 > If it's not too late for this month's meeting, I'd like to discuss the
3 > possibility of including a new "post" in our developer base - the package
4 > maintainer.
5
6 ...
7
8 > I'd really like for us to think through this proposal - I strongly believe
9 > that this will improve the quality of Gentoo development as a whole, and
10 > reduce the number of open bugs and their turnaround times.
11
12 Could you talk to some Debian people about how it's working out for
13 them? (Or find a webpage that does this already.) I know they started
14 it, but I'm not sure of the good and bad things that resulted.
15
16 What I'm looking for is a list of potential costs & benefits.
17
18 One thing I do like about this idea is that it reintroduces more of a
19 meritocracy.
20
21 Thanks,
22 Donnie