From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New USE_EXPAND: CLAWS_MAIL_PLUGINS
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 08:18:40
1 Le dimanche 21 avril 2013 à 23:38 +0200, Christian Faulhammer a écrit :
2 > Hello everybody,
3 >
4 > the upcoming Claws Mail release will have no separation between
5 > internal plugins (stuff that is built on mail-client/claws-mail with
6 > USE="crypt bogofilter") and external ones (all packages
7 > mail-client/claws-mail-*) anymore.
8 > All are now integrated, which would mean 21 additional USE flags for
9 > Claws or alternatively a new set of CLAWS_MAIL_PLUGINS which includes
10 > the old and new internal plugins.
11 >
12 > Any objections against the addition?
13
14 We had a discussion about this not so long ago:
15
16 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Add HEXCHAT_PLUGINS to USE_EXPAND
17 Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:09:54 +0100
18 Message-ID: <514B06A2.8000803@××××××××.in>
19
20 To me, the conclusion was that we should be careful about adding
21 IUSE_EXPAND variables as we might hit system limits sooner than we
22 expect.
23
24 Most probably, we should avoid using it when we cannot add IUSE
25 dependency on reverse dependencies ?
26
27 Other than this technical point, I have no objection.
30 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
31 Gentoo