From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Keyword request interface (SoC candidate?)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:33:13
1 I splitted this from the SoC thread so the possible discussion doesn't
2 add noise to the original thread.
3
4 On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 7:32 PM, joshua jackson <tsunam@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > Google is once again doing the summer of code for students. I'm helping
7 > organize it this year and am putting out a call for some elements to help.
8 >
9 > 1) We need idea's for things to do. Diego has already submitted some via
10 > his blog which have been taken into consideration.
11
12 A lot of users don't feel comfortable using Bugzilla and often are
13 lost with our procedures for keyword (both ~ and stable) requests. I
14 think we could use an easy web interface for requesting specific
15 keywords for packages in a point-and-click fashion.
16
17 So the user would just pick a package from the list, and check some
18 boxes with the arch(es) she want to see in ~arch or stable. Then ATs
19 could go for the ones that met the requirements, and even prioritize
20 stabilisations depending on the number of users who have requested it.
21
22 I've been talking about it with some users and everyone agrees that
23 they would like to have such an interface...
24
25 What do you think about? Would it be easy to integrate it with
26 packages.g.o or should it belong somewhere else? Do you think this is
27 a suitable project for SoC?
28
29 Regards,
30 Santiago