From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Benjamin Smee (strerror)" <strerror@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Default Ebuild behaviour
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:27:45
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:06:35 +0000 "Benjamin Smee (strerror)"
3 > <strerror@g.o> wrote:
4 > | On Tuesday 31 January 2006 15:47, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 > | > For packages in the second group, not using a USE flag is silly.
6 > |
7 > | I take it you are agreeing we should have a USE flag for these
8 > | ebuilds?
9 >
10 > For packages where /etc entries are "wanted by some, not wanted by
11 > some", yes.
12
13 I finally came up with an idea for this that satisfies my desire to not
14 recompile the package to get e.g. a logrotate file. Have the flag
15 control whether it's installed to /etc or to /usr/share/doc.
16
17 Thoughts?
18
19 Thanks,