From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Herds, Teams and Projects
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:39:10
1 On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 14:14 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Thursday 27 April 2006 10:54, Stuart Herbert wrote:
3 > > I think the way forward would be to have this clarification (of herds
4 > > vs teams) added to the metastructure document, and then for us to sort
5 > > out the metadata.xml files on the back of that.
6 >
7 > imho, rather than "fixing" the people's understanding of herds/teams/projects,
8 > we "fix" the documents to reflect the meanings these terms have acquired
9
10 As I said... I wouldn't have a problem with that. The only real issue I
11 would see is do we really need 3 names for the same thing? I've always
12 seen it as a team that maintains packages, and a project is an
13 organizational unit (such as release engineering or infrastructure) that
14 doesn't necessarily correlate to packages.
15
16 Why not just s/herd/team/ and leave the project definition alone, as
17 suggested earlier? Then we can quit discussing this and get back to
18 breaking our new developer box. *grin*
21 Chris Gianelloni
22 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
23 x86 Architecture Team
24 Games - Developer