From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Manifest2 hashes, take n+1-th
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 19:26:29
1 On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 > +1 overall, just one timeline clarification.
3 >
4 > On Mon, Nov 06, 2017 at 05:58:21PM +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
5 >> T + 7 days
6 >> ----------
7 >> Set:
8 >> manifest-hashes = BLAKE2B SHA512
9 >> manifest-required-hashes = SHA512
10 >>
11 >> New Manifest entries will use the new hashes but Portage will keep the
12 >> old hash set whenever it would need to refetch old distfiles.
13 > Query:
14 > Do we need to wait for it to be stable before making this change?
15 > Shouldn't old stable versions of Portage continue to verify SHA512 fine?
16 > Mostly I think devs need to be using a new enough Portage that can
17 > generate the BLAKE2B entries, but it shouldn't impact user Portage
18 > versions.
19
20 Quite a few devs use stable versions of Portage and Repoman when committing.